You've reached the Virginia Cooperative Extension Newsletter Archive.
These files cover more than ten years of newsletters posted on our old website
(through April/May 2009), and are provided for historical purposes only.
As such, they may contain out-of-date references and broken links.
To see our latest newsletters and current information, visit our website at
Newsletter Archive index:
Dates To Remember
Crop and Soil Environmental Newsletter, December 1997
Crop and Soil Environmental Sciences
- Precision Farming Workshop For The Upper Coastal
Region Of Virginia, Lowery's Restaurant, Tappahannock, 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Stephen Donohue (540) 231-9740
- 1/19 - 22
- Virginia Tech Turf Conference and Trade Show, Richmond,
David McKissack (540) 231-5897
- 1/20 - 22
- Virginia Crop Production Association Annual Meeting, Holiday
Mary Jane Neiman (804) 561-4720
- Southern Piedmont Area Forage Conference, Southern Piedmont AREC,
Blackstone, 8:30 am.
- Northern Forage Area Forage Conference, Graves Mountain Lodge,
Steve Hopkins (540) 672-1361
- 2/9 - 11
- Corn and Soybean Conference, Hilton - Williamsburg,
- Valley Blue Ridge Area Forage Conference, Schoolhouse Restaurant,
Stuarts Draft, 9 am.
Roger Flint (540) 463-7125 or Augusta County Extension Office (540) 245-5750
- Virginia Corn and Soybean Ag Expo, Caroline County,
Tip of the Month:
Not doing more than the average is what keeps the average down.
William M. Winans
Virginia Cooperative Extension