You've reached the Virginia Cooperative Extension Newsletter Archive.
These files cover more than ten years of newsletters posted on our old website
(through April/May 2009), and are provided for historical purposes only.
As such, they may contain out-of-date references and broken links.
To see our latest newsletters and current information, visit our website at
Newsletter Archive index:
Virginia Premium Assured Heifer Sales Set for March & April
Livestock Update, March 2003
John B. Hall, Extension Animal Scientist, Beef, VA Tech
Over 500 Virginia Premium Assured (VAPAH) commercial heifers will be offered in five sales this spring. VA Premium Assured Heifers are elite replacement heifers that have been screened for physical defects, passed a reproductive exam, have a certified health program, and were selected for genetic merit. Bred VAPAH commercial heifers are bred to bulls that are calving ease but above average for growth. For more information on VAPAH commercial heifers & sales see the website at http://www.apsc.vt.edu/premiumheifers/index.html or contact John B. Hall at 540-231-9153.
Dates and locations of VAPAH commercial heifer sales are:
- Wehrmann Angus Performance Brand Bull Sale (w / commercial heifers) Wehrmann Angus New Market, VA - March 1, 2003
- VA Cattlemen's Elite Bull & Replacement Female Sale Farmer's Livestock Exchange Winchester, VA - April 4, 2003
- Culpeper Junior Bull Test Sale (VAPAH Commercial Heifer Sale will follow) Culpeper Ag Enterprises Culpeper, VA - April 4, 2003
- Amelia Co. Cattlemen's Heifer Sale at Knoll Crest Farm Bull Sale Knoll Crest Farm Red House, VA - April 10, 2003
- VA Beef Expo Commercial Heifer Sale Rockingham Co. Fairgrounds, Harrisonburg, VA - April 19, 2003
Virginia Cooperative Extension