You've reached the Virginia Cooperative Extension Newsletter Archive.
These files cover more than ten years of newsletters posted on our old website
(through April/May 2009), and are provided for historical purposes only.
As such, they may contain out-of-date references and broken links.
To see our latest newsletters and current information, visit our website at
Newsletter Archive index:
Dates to Remember
Livestock Update, August 1999
- 25 -- Southeast Virginia Beef Quality Assurance and Cow Management Workshop, Southampton County Fairgrounds. Contact: Rex Cotten, (757) 294-5215
- 28 -- Virginia Charolais Association Field Day, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg. Contact: Dan Eversole, (540) 231-4738
- 24 -- Virginia ROP Cattle Shipment. Contact: Bill McKinnon, (540) 231-9160
- 23 - 10/3 -- State Fair of Virginia, Richmond.
- 1 - 3 -- Youth Livestock Events, State Fair of Virginia, Richmond
- 4 -- Keystone Stockmen's Contest, Harrisburg, Penn. Contact: Mark Wahlberg, (540--231-9161
- 29 -- Hokie Harvest Sale, Blacksburg. Contact: Dan Eversole, (540) 231-4738
- 25 -- Eastern Regional Poultry Judging Contest, Richmond. Contact: Phillip J. Clauer, (540) 231-9185
- 26 -- State Junior Poultry Exhibition, Richmond. Contact: Phillip J. Clauer, (540) 231-9185
- 28 -- Virginia Ram Lamb Performance Test Sale, Steeles Tavern. Contact: Scott Greiner, (540) 231-9159
- 28 - 29 -- Sheep Management Basics Workshop, Virginia Tech Copenhaver Sheep Center, Blacksburg. Contact: Scott Greiner, (540) 231-9159
- 10 -- Manure Management Training, Wakefield (for those who have a DEQ Confined Animal Feeding Permit). Contact: Allen Harper
- 18 -- Manure Management Training, Farmville (for those who have a DEQ Confined Animal Feeding Permit). Contact: Allen Harper
Virginia Cooperative Extension